Bowls are a bonafide staple in any kitchen. But what are the basics of serving
with bowls? We dive into everything "bowls" below because we believe
an empty bowl = endless possibilities.
So make sure you save this article to have a quick reference
when serving and creating your table!
Three bowl styles you should have…Small Bowl
- Size: 2-5 Inches
- Shape: Shallow & Wide
- Uses: Condiments, Dips, Small Finger Food, Trinkets
- Size: 6-10 Inches
- Shape: Ornamental
- Uses: Appetizers, Side Dishes, Decorative
- 10+ Inches
- Shape: XL
- Main Dish, Bread, Family Style Serving
Bowl material matters...
- Seal or Unsealed? Make sure it is sealed if you are using it for wet goods. Also, some bowls need to be re-sealed throughout their lifetime and uses.
- Check out our Hive Bowl. It is a once-in-a-lifetime XL bowl with its re-sealing kit with purchase!
- Think vintage! The vintage glass/ crystal bowls look so classic and dazzle in any setting.
- Crystal is long-lasting and, most times, passed down through generations. If you don't have any pieces, start by checking out our vintage section to shop now!
- When caring for glass and crystal, we prefer to wash by hand and avoid the dishwasher. This keeps them sparkling and avoids the breakage of these delicate pieces.
- There are great options when it comes to unique pieces. They can come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Again, these pieces sometimes have a seal and unsealed aspect. As well as food-safe sealed. Make sure you check before serving.
- Use as a way of serving and not baking. Always transfer out of baking or cooking dish!
Other (Soapstone, Cement, Bamboo)
- Check them out! We're always looking for other bowl material options
- Any texture is welcome on the table. Always check if food is safe and the seal quality when choosing what to serve!
Make every meal a bowl meal...
- Fruit Salad